AirBoard Inc. introduces AirBoard AGRO
AirBoard Inc. introduces AirBoard AGRO – an aerial platform for pesticide spraying in steep and mountainous vineyards. Built for pesticide and fertilizer spraying with a capacity of 60 litres it is 50 times faster than manual spraying and twice as cost effective than using a helicopter service.
AirBoard is backed by Alchemist Accelerator – ranked #1 B2B accelerator in the world by Forbes and Boost VC – a Silicon Valley-based accelerator run by fourth generation venture capitalist Adam Draper. During the 6 month program, the team was personally mentored by billionaire Tim Draper. Inspired by the dream of flying in 2015 founder Elviss Straupenieks
began working toward his dream of entrepreneurship at the age of 16. He then went on to persuade a Latvian court to recognize him as legally capable of setting up a business, although he was still under the legal age of majority, 18, and became the first person in Latvia to have legally registered a business at the age of 16. Elviss was named as one of the 25 and Under in
Northern Europe by Nordic Business Report in 2018. The engineering team consists of Latvian engineers with 30 years of experience in robotics that have worked on projects from heavy lift drone aerial systems to the fastest electric racing car in the world and include the FAI fastest
drone racing pilot in the world. AirBoard was listed as one of the Top 10 Latvian Startups to Watch in 2018 by the ArcticStartup technology blog.
● AirBoard is already running active pilot tests in Northern Europe and Germany markets.
Vineyard owners in Germany spend 25,000 EUR / 10 ha annually for pesticide spraying
with a helicopter.
● Every year multiple people are injured or harmfully poisoned by spraying pesticides and
wearing a 20 kg backpack while spraying these fields.
● Noise and efficiency of helicopter services is an important concern for residents close to
vineyards and government.
Using the drone brings multiple advantages to the vineyard owners such as:
● Precision . The main challenge is to apply preventative fungicide application to prevent
the powdery mildew from forming which is the largest problem with wine grapes.
AIRBOARD AGRO is up to 5x more precise than a helicopter leading to better fungicide
prevention results. And ultimately – use less pesticide which leads to more natural yield.
Spray quality is further enhanced with a downward facing radar that keeps the
AIRBOARD AGRO at exactly the right height above the wines.
● Better root growth due to no soil compaction.
● Increased worker safety.
● Less noise compared to a helicopter spraying.
● Time-saving. More important time to focus on your business priorities and spend quality
time with your family.
● Environmentally friendly powered 100% by electricity.
This post does not have any comments. Be the first to leave a comment below.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in before you can post a comment. Login now.